Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Bourne Legacy

Yes, Bourne is back! Alright not Jason Bourne, the main character of the first three movies, but finally there is a new Bourne movie. The Bourne Legacy centers around Aaron Cross and Marta Shearing.
I've been doing my best to find a proper plot summary for this movie, but I guess the movie is just too hard to explain in a few sentences as it is a runner up from already three movies that aren't the most straight forward. It is good to know that the movie takes places during the story line of The Bourne Ultimatum, a few parts from that movie have been used in this one to clarify when in the story it all takes place.

I have always liked the movies, though I have to admit that in the beginning I had really no clue what exactly was going on and had to see the first movie a second time to grasp everything. That made me prepared for this movie as this one isn't straight forward either. The story has been put together very well again, some mind twists you really don't see coming and a very very open ending. Like, because that means there probably will be another one (there are about 6 more books), but on the other hand I hate open endings.

Anyway, I don't want to go into too much detail as I don't want to spoil the movie for those who still want to see it. Did any of you already see it and what were your thoughts about it? Or maybe still longing to see it?

4 comments:

  1. This movie was really good! As you said, in the beginning I was a bit clueless, but the movie had a nice buildup :) Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see it, but to be honest I kind of only want to see it because of Jeremy Renner. I'm not the biggest fan of the Bourne series, haven't even seen all the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend to see all the other Bourne movies though, before watching this one. Not sure if the movie will make any sense otherwise

      Delete
  3. I really liked it! And if you haven't seen the first three movies it's gonna be really hard to understand. Especially because of some characters and things which happen in the movie. (old characters etc.) It had the feel of all the other movies and if you liked those.. I definitely recommend this one.

    ReplyDelete