Saturday 19 January 2013

My love for TV/Movie related jewelry

I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to TV-series/movies, admitted, nothing wrong with that right? And with that love for series and movies comes a love for merchandise of it. I'm not a fan of the screaming t-shirts (well as a sleeping shirt maybe yes) and the like, more the subtle things of which I know what it is and those who know the show/movie will know it as well, but it won't be screaming to the rest of the world: look what I love! There is nothing wrong with people that do love it, don't get me wrong, it is just not my kind of thing.

As the title of this post already betrayed, I do love jewelry that has something to do with TV-series or movies that I love, so here is the blogpost of me showing you guys the (still a little small) collection. (Sorry for the photos, I'm not good with making photos when I only have artificial light)



Nightlock berries bottle
I bought this one last June at a Vampire Diaries convention at the Canvas Warriors stand. I know a TVD convention buying a necklace that is from 'The Hunger Games', anyway. The bottle holds "nightlock berries" that represent a part from the movie of 'The Hunger Games'. They are lethal berries the moment you eat them, you are instant dead. They play a very big role at the end of the first book/movie. I just adore the subtlety of this necklace.

Mockingjay necklace
Another 'Hunger Games' related piece that is a bit more recognizable than the previous one. Originally it was a Mockingjay pin that I won in a contest, but as I never wear pins I made it into a necklace.

Elena's vervain necklace 
For those who know 'The Vampire Diaries' will have recognized it for sure. It is the vervain necklace of Elena Gilbert, or as it turned out the necklace actually of Rebekah Mikaelson or well her mother, but that's besides the point ;) I received it last year for my birthday from Yasmine and I'm still so happy with it. I wear it at least a few times a week as it combines so easily with many of my clothing.

Multi-fandom wrap bracelet
This was actually the first piece I owned of all of the above. It's made by Canvas Warriors and the suede wrap holds beads of many different fandoms.
-Baseball - Twilight
-Diary 1864 - The Vampire Diaries
-Fawkes the phoenix - Harry Potter
-Vampire teeth - The Vampire Diaries
-Butterbeer - Harry Potter
-Snitch - Harry Potter
-Goblet of fire - Harry Potter
-Mockingjay - The Hunger Games

-The White Rabbit - Alice in Wonderland
-Cabbin - Twilight
-Sorting hat - Harry Potter

Hope you guys like the pieces I showed. Any of you out there that has any of the same kind of jewelry perhaps?

6 comments:

  1. I love movie/tv serie stuff :D Got my own little collection as well and still want more <3
    alreayd knew your stuff but its still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love movie/tv show jewelry and got quite a bit of it myself. I love Elena's necklace. :) Beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love subtle merch as well. The wrap bracelet is awesome with all of the different fandoms. I have a vervain necklace myself, as well as two Harry Potter-related necklaces. And I can't forget my Mockingjay pin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all pieces, but you already know that :P You know I also have Elena's vervain necklace and the multi-fandom bracelet. :) And the awesome HP earrings you gave me of course :P I also own a Team ISF hoodie, but you already know that as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the wrapbracelet! It is a very cool way to express your fandom for multiple things at once :)

    ReplyDelete