Thursday 28 March 2013

Book Review #13: Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore 
Brielle’s a ballerina who went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She’s come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt . . . and the incredible, numbing cold she can’t seem to shake. Jake’s the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption. Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what’s going to happen. And a beauty brighter than Jake or Brielle has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in a realm where all human choices start.

Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore has been a book that has been on my to-be-read list for quite a while and finally managed to gotten around to read it. Rating wise I would give it 3***. Let me explain why.

I enjoyed the book and mostly the characters. I felt sorry for Brielle for what she has gone through and Jake is absolutely to swoon for. Marco was a very interesting character as well once he gotten into the story.

The 'supernatural' elements that are in the book are really interesting, such as the halo, the "angel eyes" and so on. I'm trying to keep it a non-spoiler review so hence it might sound a little vague now and then. Shannon did a good job in describing these elements and to introduce you to this new world. And even though it was a nice ride along with Brielle whether it were hights or deed down lows she was experiencing, something was still missing for me. And I'm still not hundread percent sure what it exactly is. The story line is interesting and so are the characters, but some of the elements just felt a little out of place. The big plot that you find out in the end didn't feel fitting for me in the whole story of angels, I had expected something completely different and it let me down a little that it was actually something so, well let's say human.

I'll still read the second book at some point as I'm curious how Brielle and Jake's stories evolve, but it won't be the book that will be highest on my to-be-read list.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds very much intresting :) maybe i will read it one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het lijkt me een mooi boek :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been on my to read list for a while as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, the content is not really my thing so I probably won't read it. But thanks for your review!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete