Monday 4 March 2013

London: let's look up closer!


I've done a couple of "Cities I've visited blogs", the latest to be found here, and I was planning on doing one for today on London, but then I realised I would never be able to put all of the city's awesomeness into one post.

Some of you might know that I've visited London twice: One time visiting for a week with my best friend Yasmine and one time when I did my internship there, which was a visit of 5 months in total. I've fallen in love with this city a lot and couldn't just let it gone by in one post on my blog. Therefore, I will do a couple of blogs on London, all of them zooming in on a different part of London or a different activity and so on. I know for a fact that two of my readers are currently in London, so girls maybe some things will come by that you will want to visit.
I'll start this first one with introducing the area where I did my internship, which is also where I lived for five months as I was able to stay at the hotel. The area is called Bayswater (picture above is of the street where my hotel was located). Besides the fact that it is next to Notting Hill (I'll do a post on this area later on), I don't think many people know much about it. I can imagine it is not the first area to go to, but I absolutely loved it.

It's situated on the North side of Kensington Gardens and it's very multi cultural. The two main streets provide you with restaurants of almost every nationality possible: Spanish, Italian, Greek, British, Japanese, Chinese and go on.

On walking distance from Bayswater are Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park and Notting Hill. Furthermore, the tube stations are just around the corner that bring you directly into town. I would say I was rather lucky with the area where I was staying.

The next blog I'll do on London will go more into specific parts and things to do. If there is anything specific you would like to read about or are curious about, let me know! Hope you guys will like this serie of posts.

5 comments:

  1. Before you went there I never even heard of it haha. But it looks awesome! When I ever visit London again (ugh I want to go now) I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lived in London for over a year and loved it!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. London makes me smile =) I just visited there for the first time in January on a school study tour and it was AMAZING!! While I didn't go to Bayswater I did go to Notting Hill, so I sort of know the area your talking about! I'll be looking forward to your future posts on London!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the area surrounded by it :) but further more it didnt say anything to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I already look forward to the next blogs!

    ReplyDelete