Friday 8 March 2013

Must see movie release this month: The Host

A parasitic alien soul is injected into the body of Melanie Stryder. Instead of carrying out her race's mission of taking over the Earth, "Wanda" (as she comes to be called) forms a bond with her host and sets out to aid other free humans. 


It feels like such a long time since I've read the book of The Host, though it was only 2009 actually. When I first heard about it to be made into a movie I was wary, really wary. A large part of the book is inner dialogue, which is really important for the story and I just can't imagine watching a movie where a girl is talking to herself constantly. Though I saw the movie trailer and thought, maybe this might work out. Then I saw the trailer in the cinema and knew I had to see the movie. I'm just hoping that not all the good parts were in the trailer and that that will be it. Any of you looking forward to see The Host?

7 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this movie, even though I haven't read the book yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm not a big fan of alien films...

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks...interesting. I'm not sure whether I would want to see it or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend you to read the book first Leah :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see this, it looks awesome!! I never read the book but I hope to eventually...

    ReplyDelete